Perfectly Cooked Brown Rice
We eat A LOT of brown rice in my house, well, since I started cooking it in the oven. You probably think I’m crazy, but just trust me. I used to hate making brown rice because it took forever and never came out right. Sticky, gummy, under-cooked, you name it, I have experienced it. This recipe right here is a game changer, so much so, I have it taped to my rice container! It only takes a few minutes to prep, then its off to the oven. Perfect EVERY time!
Now I have a large batch of perfectly cooked brown rice ready for quick lunches and dinner all week.
- 1½ cups brown rice
- 2⅓ cups water
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray and add your rice, forming one single layer.
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan.
- Once it starts boiling, pour water over rice. No need to stir.
- Cover immediately with two pieces of foil. Make sure to cover tightly so the steam doesn't escape
- Bake for 1 hour.
- After one hour remove foil, fluff with a fork and let cool!