Cottage cheese is one of those foods you either love or you hate, there is no in between. The problem with hating cottage cheese is it is an amazing source of protein. Just one cup has 27 grams of protein, the same amount as seven egg whites.
I have been looking for a way to get more protein in at breakfast time without having to eat seven egg whites because I am SO sick of egg whites. These pancakes are a winner. They take about 5 minutes to make, have 20 grams of protein and keep me full until lunch. The are a little denser than normal pancakes, but the best part is, you can’t even tell there is cottage cheese in the mix! Here is how to make them.
Toss all the ingredients in the blender, and cook in a medium high skillet. Easy right?
- 1 egg white
- 2 whole eggs
- ¾ cup quick cook oats
- 3 teaspoons raw honey
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Put all your ingredients in a blender to blend until smooth
- Pour into heated pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup or fruit!