Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Crema
Hey guys, remember me? I know, it is has been a LONG time since I have created a new recipe. My life for the past 4 months can be summed up in one line, “Mermaid tails, blocking boards and homework, OH MY.”
But now I have an entire three months to stock up my Etsy shop with baby blankets and other goodies as well as spend some time in the kitchen making some yummy meals for you to try!
These tacos are perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. I wasn’t even planning on blogging them but I shared a photo in our Challenge Group and the ladies went nuts. Did I mention our fitness and nutrition Challenge Group is amazing? <3
Don’t like fish? These would be yummy with shrimp or even chicken!
The spice level on these can be adjusted to your liking, just adjust the amount of chipotle you use, we like things spicy so we made them pretty hot.
Thanks for sticking with me for my unintentionally long hiatus, I promise to make it up to everyone over summer.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lb white fish (I used Pacific Cod)
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ of a lime
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon Chipotle in Adobo
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 garlic clove
- Shredded Cabbage
- First make your crema.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Make sure to taste and adjust spice level to your liking. I started with 2 teaspoons of chipotle and added until it was spicy enough.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season fish with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne. Rub seasonings into fish to make sure it is evenly coated.
- Squeeze lime juice over fish.
- Grill fish until it flakes easily. Cooking time will differ depending on type of fish you use. Mine took about 7-10 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, wrap corn tortillas in foil and place on the grill. They will only need a couple minutes to warm and soften up.
- Flake fish with a fork and assemble your tacos!
- I topped mine with shredded cabbage, avocado slices, a squeeze of lime and about 1 tablespoon of crema